TU Wien:Critical Theory of Media and Informatics VO (Purgathofer, Spiel)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lecturers||Peter Purgathofer, Katta Spiel|
|Department||Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology|
|Links||tiss:193082, Homepage, Mattermost-Channel|
|Master Media and Human-Centered Computing||Wahlmodul Critical Theory of Media and Informatics|
noch offen, bitte nicht von TISS/u:find oder Homepage kopieren, sondern aus Studierendensicht beschreiben.
- sessions take place about weekly - initially, some breaks due to conferences were planned; as conferences did not happen because of CoVid-19, more sessions took place.
- for each session, there was a topic; for each topic, 3-5 papers. everyone got to chose which paper(s) they want to read in detail, or just skim. if you read a paper, you would present it in the corresponding session, and the group would discuss the whole thing then.
- Dr Spiel managed to invite an author of one of the papers we discussed in the following session, and the ensuing interview/discussion was very interesting.
- Dr Spiel took great care to make sure students experience a good learning environment. To that end, this semester they adapted their choice of technology, and the course schedule, including extra voluntary sessions to give us more structure & time to socialize (which resulted in an article published in ACM Interactions). They are very open regarding our struggles, and without any hesitation admit whenever they learn something from (or with) us.
Dauer der Zeugnisausstellung
- papers were made accessible via TUWEL
Verbesserungsvorschläge / Kritik