TU Wien:Statistik und Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie UE (Bura)/Übungen 2019W/1.1
- I Car licence plates
A certain state's car licence plates have three letters of the alphabet followed by a three-digit number.
- (a) How many different licence plates are possible if all three-letter sequences are permitted and any number from 000 to 999 is allowed?
- (b) Mary withnessed a hit-and-run accident. She knows that the first letter on the licence plate of the offender’s car was a B, that the second letter was an O or Q, and that the last number was a 5. How many state’s licence plates fit this description?
- II Symphony orchestra program
A symphony orchestra has in its repertoire 30 Haydn symphonies, 15 modern works, and 9 Beethoven symphonies. Its program always consists of a Haydn symphony followed by a modern work, and then a Beethoven symphony.
- (a) How many different programs can it play?
- (b) How many different programs are there if the three pieces can be played in any order?
- (c) How many different three-piece programs are there if more than one piece from the same category can be played and they can be played in any order?
Lösungsvorschlag von Gittenburg
--Gittenburg 22:16, 12. Okt. 2019 (CEST)
- Car licence plates
- Symphony orchestra program