TU Wien:Einführung in Semantic Systems VU (Tjoa)
- Einführung in Semantic Systems VU (Sabou) (TU Wien, 0 Resources)
- Einführung in Semantic Systems VU (Tjoa) (TU Wien, 4 Resources)
|Lecturers||A Min Tjoa• Reka Marta Sabou• Fajar Juang Ekaputra|
|Alias||Introduction to Semantic Systems (en)|
|replaces||Einführung in Semantic Web VU (Anjomshoaa, Tjoa)|
|Department||Information Systems Engineering|
- Very structured course with high learning curve
- Introduction to knowledge graphs, ontologies and taxonomies -> Introduction to RDFs and Formats -> Introduction to querying and infrastructure -> short introduction on how to build applications
Weekly lectures from November to January and a project which has to be presented at the end of January.
Basic understanding of data modelling, data bases is probably helpful but not really required. Some knowledge of formats like xml, JSON, is probably also helpful. If all this is new to you, be prepared to read up a little bit on the terms used.
- Lively, good presentation of slides. The lecturer tries to encourage students to think about small examples, asks questions to the audience, is eager to answer questions.
- Very engaging presentations of Sabou and Ekaputra.
An assignment to be done in groups of 4, to be presented at end of semester + a report. Assignment is split up into subtasks that are supposed to be worked on during the semester, alongside the relevant material presented in the lectures.
Dauer der Zeugnisausstellung
Try to follow well on the basics in the beginning (structure of rdfs, turtle etc), then it will be easy to follow the rest.
Use the question pool for studying. Question on exam were literally subset of the question pool.
Verbesserungsvorschläge / Kritik