TU Wien:Technical English Communication VU (Crowder)
|Wann||Winter- und Sommersemester|
|B. Technische Informatik||Wahlmodul Technical English Communication|
- Pronunciation of difficult (technical) words
- Elimination of typical mistakes of german-speaking people
- Improve ability to communicate information
- Understanding of difficult written material
- Learn to debate in English
Your English should be quite good. The better your English, the easier the course will be for you.
The lecture is more like a workshop. You often have to discuss a subject in groups and present it afterwards or you get an article to read and discuss. The course is usually fun.
Exam / Grading[Bearbeiten]
There's a maximum of 1000 points which are distributed as follows:
- Project Propsal (team up and think of a project and present it to the class, 100)
- Team Debate (team up and debate about a topic in front of the class, 100)
- Midteam exam (written + pronounciation part, 200)
- 3-page Techical Term Paper (choose your own topic, 200)
- Final Exam (written/no oral part, 200)
- Class Participation and Attendance (is always checked, 200)
Before each exam you get a study guide with a list of everything you need to know for the exam.
Time and Effort[Bearbeiten]
For a 3 ECTS (= 75 hours) course it's rather time-consuming. The course takes 2 full hours every week and starts quite early (from 8-10 a.m.). You have to do one small presentation, plan your debate and write two exams. In addition to that you have to plan and write a 3-page technical paper before Christmas.
- Are handed out during the course. You will receive a LOT of paper.
- Register EARLY for this course. All places are usually taken one minute after registration opens.
- TU Wien:Technical English Presentation VU (Crowder) (also recommended)