TU Wien:Advanced Digital Design LU (Steininger)
- Advanced Digital Design LU (Steininger) (TU Wien, 0 Resources)
- Advanced Digital Design VU (Steininger) (TU Wien, 2 Resources)
Daten[edit | edit source]
|Lecturers||Florian Ferdinand Huemer• Andreas Steininger|
|Alias||Advanced Digital Design (en)|
|Mattermost||Register • Mattermost-Infos•|
|Master Technische Informatik||Wahlmodul Digital Circuits and Systems|
Inhalt[edit | edit source]
Inhalte aus der VU tatsächlich auf einem FPGA beobachten/implementieren.
metastability, clock domain crossing, asynchronous design, STGs
Ablauf[edit | edit source]
There are 2 assignments which include implementing easy designs on a FPGA and measurements with the logic analyzer and oscilloscope. The results are presented by each group (3 students) to all the other groups in a 10-15 min presentation + discussion per assignment.
WS22: There were 3 assignments, where the first was measurment with the logic analyzer and oscilloscope. The second only needed the FPGA dev board and the last one needed the oscilloscope. The assignment were not easy but also not very hard. At the end of the semester each group presented their results which also led to small discussions between all groups and the professor.
Benötigte/Empfehlenswerte Vorkenntnisse[edit | edit source]
Basic VHDL skills
in parallel: TU Wien:Advanced Digital Design VU (Steininger)
Übungen[edit | edit source]
- Metastability measurements of a D-Flip-Flop
- Clock domain crossing: what problems can you encounter and how to prevent them
- Introduction to Workcraft
- Build an controller for speed independent codes (represented by LEDs)
- Implement a delay insensitive communication link (-> data is sent via UART to the FPGA transmitted asynchronously on the chip and via IO pins to allow LA measurements and then sent back via UART)
- Assignment: Metastability measurement of a D-Flip-Flop, Clock domain crossing of a data stream
- Assignment: LED pattern generator with STGs
- Assignment: QDI adder pipeline
Prüfung, Benotung[edit | edit source]
The quality of the solution and especially the presentations are used for the final score.
Dauer der Zeugnisausstellung[edit | edit source]
Zeitaufwand[edit | edit source]
Unterlagen[edit | edit source]
Tipps[edit | edit source]
Start early, then you have enough time for other procrastinated stuff in January. Also start early because there is only one FPGA dev board with oscilloscope and logic analyzer which otherwise you have to share with the other groups.
If you have any problems, ask the LVA-team they can always help
Verbesserungsvorschläge / Kritik[edit | edit source]